Location: Cayman Islands
To work as part of the team providing a full range of legal services to the clients of the Funds, Corporate & Finance group of Bedell Cristin, Cayman Islands. This will entail supporting the partners and taking principal responsibility as appropriate for a variety of matters in the funds, corporate/commercial, banking and regulatory sectors.
- Providing an efficient and high quality legal support service to the partners in all aspects of their client work.
- To take responsibility for the management and co-ordination of client work as delegated by the Partners.
- To manage risk exposure in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure all clients receive a high quality, timely and professional service to meet their needs.
- Promote and strengthen the Bedell brand.
- Within the Group’s strategy, contribute as required to the development and implementation of the firm's business development plans, with the aim of attracting more work from existing clients and developing new client relationships.
- Support new ventures, identify cross selling opportunities and seek ways to develop our services.
- Take responsibility for a range of non-chargeable activities to build the firm's know-how and external reputation through seminars/writing of articles/presentations etc.
- Take personal responsibility for achieving target hours, proactively manage billings and debtors and record time in a consistent way.
- 2 to 5 years PQE with a UK/Commonwealth qualification if on island
- 4.5 years+ PQE with a UK/Commonwealth qualification if off island
- Experience of funds, corporate and commercial law & financial matters.
- A keen interest in all facets of funds, corporate & finance law with the willingness to learn and expand knowledge into new areas
- Strong technical ability
- Business development experience and/or motivation to assist with business development
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
We would like you to have:
- The ability to communicate effectively with peers, staff and clients.
- A client centric approach.
- Strong self-motivation and drive.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- The ability to instil confidence in partners, peers and clients.
- A positive and optimistic attitude.
- The ability to work collegiately and be an effective team player.
- Sound judgement and strong commercial awareness.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Behave in a manner in keeping with our core culture and values.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations including those around anti-money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Commit to fulfilling any personal CPD requirements and continually developing your skills and knowledge.