Service: Banking & Finance
We are looking for an associate to join our Corporate and Finance team in Guernsey where you can expect a varied working day, providing legal advice relating to financing, corporate and commercial law, general financial services, insurance and reinsurance.
Our hand-picked legal team has earned a reputation for offering technical expertise coupled with commercial awareness and an understanding of our clients' desire for prompt response times and a solution-orientated service.
We need an individual with solid technical skills, a client centric and commercial approach and the ability to think on their feet.
Purpose of the job
To work as part of the team providing a full range of legal services to the clients of the Financial Services Law group of Bedell Cristin, Guernsey. This will entail supporting the partners and taking principal responsibility as appropriate for a variety of matters in the corporate/commercial, banking, finance and regulatory sectors.
- Providing an efficient and high quality legal support service to the partners in all aspects of their client work.
- To take responsibility for the management and co-ordination of client work as delegated by the Partners.
- To manage risk exposure in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure all clients receive a high quality, timely and professional service to meet their needs.
- Promote and strengthen the Bedell Cristin brand.
- Within the Group’s strategy, contribute as required to the development and implementation of the firm's business development plans, with the aim of attracting more work from existing clients and developing new client relationships.
- Support new ventures, identify cross selling opportunities and seek ways to develop our services.
- Take responsibility for a range of non-chargeable activities to build the firm's know-how and external reputation through seminars/writing of articles/presentations etc.
- Take personal responsibility for achieving target hours, proactively manage billings and debtors and record time in a consistent way.
2-6 year PQE with a UK/Commonwealth qualification
We would like you to have:
- A client focused approach.
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines.
- A responsible, disciplined and methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
Senior Human Resources Officer | Jersey