Associate - Litigation
This role will entail supporting the partners and taking responsibility as appropriate for aspects of cases involving a variety of contentious work, including contentious trust and company, cross border fraud and insolvency.
Non contentious and contentious employment law work will also be a focus.
- Providing an efficient and high quality legal support service to the partners and senior associates in all aspects of their client work.
- As and when requested, taking responsibility for matters, to include management of the client relationship.
- Assisting in the promotion of and proactively seeking opportunities for business development.
- Working with the partners to develop and successfully implement business plans.
- Initiating and writing briefings.
- Contribution to Knowledge Management objectives.
- Supervising more junior legal staff.
- Taking responsibility for any other activities/projects as required by the partners from time to time.
- NQ Solicitor/Barrister from a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Relevant litigation experience.
- Ideally experience during training in an employment law seat.
- A client focused approach.
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines.
- A responsible, disciplined and methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Energy and enthusiasm.