The Compliance team provides multi-jurisdictional coverage across the globe acting as the second line of defence protecting the business against legal, financial and reputational risks.
This role will provide assistance and support to the compliance team specifically, and assist with monitoring and developing the controls in place within Bedell Cristin.
More about the role
A typical day in this role will be to:
- Review sample of new client take on documentation
- Undertake periodic reviews of PEPs and Higher Risk clients
- Maintain compliance registers
- Carry our AML searches, appropriate checks and prepare internal and external documentation
- Conduct gap analysis between legislation and our policies and procedures
- Participate and contribute to compliance team meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity required
- Deal with Liaison notices as and when requested
- Carry out any projects required by the compliance team from time to time
We're looking for a few specific skills and qualifications, and work experience, which include:
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Completed or willing to study for an ICA qualification
- Prior experience working in Compliance and/or an office setting prefereable but not essential.
- Competent IT user with a sound knowledge of MS Office
More about you...
We would like you to have:
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and energy
- A solution driven attitude to problems
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately
- Team spirit
A few things which are either required by our industry, or central to the Bedell Cristin culture:
- Adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations including those around anti-money laundering and terrorist financing
- A willingness continually to develop your skills and knowledge
- An understanding of, and adherence to, our core behaviours
- Flexibility, as occasionally you may be asked to work beyond your contracted hours to support urgent work