Our support services are key to underpinning the success of our business. We pride ourselves on providing the knowledge, platforms and infrastructure essential to facilitating our world class client service. We put our people at the forefront of our service delivery and work collaboratively with the practice areas to meet and exceed client demands.
The Compliance team provides multi-jurisdictional coverage across the globe acting as the second line of defence protecting the business against legal, financial and reputational risks.
Purpose of the job
Assist the Head of Compliance in all aspects of running the function.
- Whilst assisting with all Compliance matters the post holder will have a particular focus on AML, CFT and CFP, reviewing and signing off more complex CDD requirements for the Client Take-on Team
- Providing ad hoc AML/CFT/CFP advice to the business in Jersey, London, BVI, Singapore and Cayman.
- Oversee the AML CFT and CFP aspects of the Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Provide ad hoc advice and guidance to the business and, where relevant, other compliance staff to enable the business to operate effectively in meeting its regulatory and legislative requirements in Jersey, London, BVI, Singapore and Cayman.
- Provide training and mentoring to develop the team, technical expertise and guidance on more complex queries.
- Organise, participate and contribute to compliance team meetings, implement decisions taken and carry out any function/activity required.
- Completion of assigned ad-hoc compliance-related projects.
- Carry out any compliance-related function/activity as required by the Heads of Departments or Partners from time to time.
- Assist with the maintenance of the business's policies and procedures.
- Monitor the regulatory and legislative environment in all jurisdictions in order to identify impending changes that may be required to the system of internal control. Advise the business of the opportunities and threats that these changes present.
- Collate information and preparation of reports to provide key information to both the Partners and Risk Committee on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Assist with Compliance-related processes for new members of staff including conducting Compliance inductions.
- Conduct staff training.
- ICA or other relevant compliance qualification to diploma level or above.
- A minimum of 5 years' compliance experience.
- Good technical knowledge with an understanding of AM/CFT/CPF Legislation.
- Strong IT skills.
- Experience of managing compliance processes of a Compliance or similar based function.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements.
We would like you to have:
- Credibility and confidence to interact with stakeholders at a senior level.
- A solution-driven attitude to problematic scenarios.
- Strong people management skills.
- Resilience when working under pressure.
- The ability to organise and manage workflows and delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to work methodically and accurately.
A few things which are either required by our industry, or central to the Bedell Cristin culture:
- Adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations including those around anti-money laundering and terrorist financing
- A willingness continually to develop your skills and knowledge
- An understanding of, and adherence to, our core behaviours
- Flexibility, as occasionally you may be asked to work beyond your contracted hours to support urgent work.