Head of Marketing & Communications
As the Head of Marketing & Communications you will be responsible for developing and executing Bedell Cristin's comprehensive communications and marketing strategy on a global scale. Your expertise and innovative ideas will be instrumental in positioning our brand as a market leader, ultimately translating into tangible increases in revenue and profitability.
To thrive in this role, you must possess a proven track record as a marketer and demonstrate exceptional leadership skills. Your strong passion for internationalism, demonstrated through your experience, will guide our legal marketing efforts towards the future. With your strategic vision, you will shape the direction of our legal marketing in the next five years, setting new standards for excellence.
Collaboration is key, and you will work effectively and cohesively with our Head of Business Development. Together, you will develop coordinated strategies that drive overall business growth and enhance our brand presence in the relevant markets.
Marketing and Communications
- Increase the firm's profile in key markets to help develop Bedell Cristin from a jurisdictionally focused business to a global service provider through the strategic positioning of all marketing and communications activity.
- Work closely with partners to develop and deliver a marketing communications strategy to promote Bedell Cristin's global brand to target groups.
- Manage public relations activity and the firm's paid for and free digital promotion, and be the main media/communications contact of any communications concerning the business.
- Develop, maintain, and continue to initiate improvements to the Bedell Cristin website.
- Ensure quality and consistency of the Bedell Cristin brand.
- Manage the firm's collateral and help to create new materials to ensure fee earner confidence.
- Advise on, manage, and oversee all marketing and communication aspects of firm-wide projects, including any acquisitions or new offices.
- Manage internal and external communications and work with Knowledge Management to ensure a pipeline of content is established.
- Oversee all other marketing and communication activity including sponsorships, events, digital marketing and online/print advertising.
- Continually drive service improvements through various activities, including the gathering of client feedback.
- Propose, gain approval and proactively manage the annual spend for all global communications and marketing resources and activities.
- Project manage the annual submissions to legal directories such as the Legal 500.
- Lead the marketing team to provide a proactive and high-quality service across the firm and successfully deliver the strategy.
- Monitor the marketplace, identifying opportunities, and regularly review our offering against our competitors.
- Propose the annual departmental budget and manage this effectively on behalf of the Partnership.
- Educated to degree level, with a relevant professional qualification - likely to be in marketing, business, or law.
- A dynamic self-starter with creativity and an appetite for change.
- The ability to communicate confidently and to be credible with clients, partners, and staff at all levels.
- The ability to negotiate, effectively persuade and influence others.
- A commercial and solution driven attitude to problems.
- Positivity and enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and drive.
- Delivering to tight deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
- The desire and ability to lead, motivate and work collaboratively with others.
- Significant senior level experience in marketing and communications in a professional services organisation operating in different jurisdictions.
- A good understanding of the legal market.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent research, analysis and report writing skills.
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience of marketing communications tools.
- Highly computer literate (with knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of digital marketing and the use of social media.
- Excellent project management skills.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations including those around anti-money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Commit to fulfilling personal CPD requirements, to continually develop skills/knowledge and act in keeping with our core values.
- May require travel and to spend time in our other offices.