Experience level: Intermediate
Purpose of the job
To support our Finance Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Finance team and assisting with issues related, but not limited to, accounts payable, ledgers and postings, reconciliations, systems and the general management of the team.
- Conducting ledger reviews
- Completion of statutory and any regulatory returns (including GST, VAT and tax)
- Preparation of management accounts, management information and other internal reporting and analysis for key stakeholders and fee earners
- Uploading and reconciliation of bank statements to the practice management system.
- Dealing and assisting with a range of tasks/enquiries from the Finance helpdesk.
- Enter electronic payments for authorisation on our online banking portals.
- Posting and maintaining of records in our main practice management system.
- Assist Bedell Cristin staff with billing runs, including raising invoices and proformas
- Running WIP and debtor reports and any other breakdowns for staff as necessary
- Posting of corporate credit card transactions and reconciliation to statements and receipts
- Mentoring and training more junior members of the team
- Provide absence cover for other members of the Finance Team
- Ad hoc project work as required to support the department/group
- Maintaining and updating procedures
A full professional accountancy qualification, or studying towards one.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role, ideally within a professional services firm
- Good understanding of MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook).
We would like you to have:
- Be responsible, disciplined, and have a methodical approach to tasks.
- An analytical mind with the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrate an exceptional eye for detail.
- Show initiative and common sense.
- Have the ability to manage time effectively and prioritise and organise tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Energy and enthusiasm and a proactive, solution driven attitude to problems
- Have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- An advanced user of Excel and proficient in other MS office products
In this role you will be expected to:
- Adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations including those around anti-money laundering and terrorist financing
- A willingness continually to develop your skills and knowledge
- An understanding of, and adherence to, our core behaviours
- Flexibility, as occasionally you may be asked to work beyond your contracted hours to support urgent transactional work