Senior Associate - International Private Client
If you have hands-on experience, either onshore or offshore, in non-contentious wealth planning and trust law matters, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role you will have plenty of opportunities to progress and will be joining a fantastic working environment and a motivated global team. You will be advising on a wide variety of offshore wealth planning structures for our diverse, world-wide, client base.
As well as learning from some of Jersey's most experienced and respected non-contentious private client lawyers, you will be encouraged to share your own knowledge and ideas to help the business to continually grow and develop.
- Manage and coordinate client work as delegated by the partners.
- Manage risk exposure in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- Deliver excellent quality, timely and professional client service.
- Delegate to and actively supervise the work of more junior staff as appropriate.
- Help to motivate, manage and develop other fee earners and support staff in the team.
- Support the partners in building an efficient group structure (this may include involvement in recruitment).
- Promote and strengthen the Bedell Cristin brand among target groups.
- Contribute to the practice area's business development plans and help to attract more work from existing clients as well as develop new client relationships.
- Support new ventures, identify cross selling opportunities and seek ways to develop our services.
- Take responsibility for a range of non-chargeable activities to build the firm's know-how and external reputation through seminars/writing of articles/presentations etc.
- Take personal responsibility for achieving target hours, proactively manage billings and debtors and record time in a consistent way.
- Likely to have 5 years' PQE with Jersey and/or UK/Commonwealth qualifications.
- Significant experience in the practice area.
- Strong technical ability.
- Some delegation and supervisory experience.
- Some business development experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with peers, staff and clients.
- A client centric approach.
- Strong self-motivation and drive.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- The ability to instil confidence in partners, peers and clients.
- A positive and optimistic attitude.
- The ability to work collegiately and be an effective team player.
- Sound judgement and strong commercial awareness.
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with appropriate supervision.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm.