Henry joined Bedell Cristin from Lawrence Graham in London. He advises professional trustees and intermediaries in the Channel Islands and internationally on all aspects of Jersey trusts, foundations and related corporate law issues, and has considerable experience in advising on complex restructurings, the establishment and ongoing operation of private trust companies and family offices. Henry also advises on pension schemes, Jersey FATCA and the common reporting standard and has significant experience advising upon the impact of international sanctions upon companies and trusts.
- Advocate - Jersey
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- Chair of STEP Jersey Branch
- Spoken at seminars in Jersey and Geneva on family governance and new structures.
- Spoke on "STEP and the future of trusts" at the sixth CPD Plus seminar organised by the Jersey International Business School.
- Provided a seminar to local based trust companies on "Trustee investment duties: limiting liability and managing risks".
- "Ones to Watch" List - Private Client Global Elite 2018
- "Prominent Figure" in the "Leading Lawyers" category - 2016 and 2015 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Leading Lawyers Estate Planning' category - 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- Lawyer of the Year IFC - Associate - gold award - Henry Wickham - Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2017 and 2016
- "Top 35 Under 35" - 2011 and 2015 Private Client Practitioner
- Jersey Future Leaders List - 2013 Citywealth
- Shortlisted in the Wealth Professional of the Year category - 2014 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards
Can-do attitude and good technical knowledge.Chambers Research 2013
Very accomplished, well-organised and extremely responsive.Legal 500 2016
International Private Client lawyer, Henry Wickham, has been recognised in Legal Week's Private Client Global Elite 'Ones to Watch' 2018 list.
Henry Wickham, a Senior Associate at Bedell Cristin, has been appointed Chair of the Jersey branch of STEP. STEP is the global professional association for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning. STEP has over 20,000 memb...
Private client lawyers Nancy Chien and Henry Wickham have been shortlisted in the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2018.
Senior Associate at Bedell Cristin, Henry Wickham, has been recognised at the annual Citywealth Future Leaders Awards as the Gold Award winner in the ‘Lawyer of the Year IFC - Associate’ category for the second consecutive year.
Senior Associate, Henry Wickham, has been named a Gold Award winner in Citywealth’s Future Leaders Awards announced at a prestigious ceremony in London.
Two of our leading private client lawyers have been shortlisted in the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2017.
Nancy Chien, a Partner in the firm’s Private Wealth and Fiduciary group and Henry Wickham, a Senior Associate in the same group, have been named on a list of young professionals under the age of 40 identified as among the most talented working in the privat...
Bedell Cristin is the only offshore firm to have a practitioner featured in the list of the ‘Top 35 Under 35’ published this week by the leading private wealth publishing group, eprivateclient.com (Private Client Practitioner).
In recent times, there has been a marked increase in the use of co-ordinated economic sanctions by the European Union, the United Nations and individual states against rogue states and organisations and, on a targeted basis, against specific individuals and...
Bedell has two people from its legal teams recognised in the Citywealth Jersey’s future leaders list for 2013, more than any other Jersey firm.
The Trusts (Jersey) Law 1984, as amended (the "1984 Law") has been the backbone of Jersey's success story as one of the private wealth jurisdictions of choice. Indeed, the 1984 Law has been used as the model for similar laws in other jurisdictions. The late...
Putting the right structure in place for the right client is essential when advising wealthy clients from the Gulf explain James Campbell and Henry Wickham. Published in eprivateclient - December 2015.
Jersey Practitioners have been faced with a number of significant legislative developments in recent months. Here, Henry Wickham summaries the most important and considers their implications. Published in STEP Journal October 2014.
Henry Wickham, a solicitor in the international private client team, and the student liaison officer for STEP, explains many benefits of a STEP qualification - published in the JEP Careers & Employment Review December 2013.