Ian Jamieson works at Solomon Harris in the Cayman Islands, which has recently merged with Bedell Cristin.
The two firms are in the process of being fully integrated, and Solomon Harris will be renamed Bedell Cristin in early 2019. To view the profile of Ian Jamieson in the meantime, please click here.
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- Solicitor* - BVI
- Attorney at law- Cayman Islands
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Member of the Cayman Islands Law Society
- Member of the drafting committee for the changes to the strata titles registration law and was responsible for reviewing and amending the initial draft of this legislation
- Article- The Dangers For Lenders Of Occupier Rights In Land Following The Decision Of The Grand Court Of The Cayman Islands In CIBC Cayman Limited v R. Christiansen and E. Christiansen
- Article- Cayman Ship Registration - The Professional's Choice
- Article- The Death of Virtual Execution
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - IFLA - 2012
- Lead Cayman counsel on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the Westin Hotel, Grand Cayman
- Headed legal counsel team on the acquisition of the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
- Lead Cayman counsel on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the Sunshine Suites, Grand Cayman
- Lead counsel on the sale of the Grand Caymanian/Holiday Inn, Grand Cayman
Real estate finance specialist Ian Jamieson is 'very commercial, knowledgeable and helpful'.Legal 500 2017
Responsive, sensible and pragmatic in his advice as well as being very strong on industry knowledge.Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
A Special Notice published by the Cayman Islands Department of Commerce and Investment (‘DCI’) informs Real Estate Agents and Property Developers that under the Anti-Money Laundering (Designated Non-Financial Business and Professions) (Amendment) (No.2) Reg...
Three lawyers from the real estate team of Solomon Harris, now part of Bedell Cristin, will speak at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) 2019 Cayman Islands Property and Construction Conference on Friday 15 March.
The Stamp Duty (Amendment) Law, 2018 (‘Law’) came into effect on 19 December 2018 introducing Stamp Duty on ‘Linked Property Transactions’ from 31 December 2019.
In a significant alteration to draft legislation, the Cayman Islands Stamp Duty (Amendment) Law 2018 (‘Law') allows developers with planning permission in place by 30 June 2019 to have a year to take advantage of the pre-existing regime for stamp duty on ‘l...
Legal 500 has released its 2019 Caribbean Guide, and partners Laura Hatfield and Ian Jamieson have been named as leading individuals. Attorney, Rob Humphries, has been named as a next generation lawyer.
The Cayman Islands Government has good news for those Caymanians looking to buy their first homes in the Cayman Islands.