Ioannis joined Bedell Cristin in February 2017, having worked previously as a lawyer at a leading UK law firm.
Prior to this Ioannis spent a few years in Germany, where he completed a double LL.M. degree in Law and Finance at Goethe University of Frankfurt (Institute for Law and Finance) and worked for a magic circle law firm, the German Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse) and a global commercial bank.
Ioannis has experience in corporate, banking, private equity and venture capital transactions and financial regulation, having worked as a lawyer in the UK, Germany and Greece. He is dual qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales and as a Dikegoros (Lawyer) in Greece. He is also a commercial mediator, accredited by the Greek Ministry of Justice.
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- Dikegoros (Lawyer)* - Greece
- Accredited Commercial Mediator - Greece
- Member of Guernsey International Legal Association (GILA)
* non practicing
- Ioannis has a strong interest in funds and investment structures and financial regulation. He has written his master's thesis and given presentations on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive ("AIFMD") and its consequences in the regulation of the financial industry in Europe and has been involved in advising funds on investing in start-up and early stage businesses.
Guernsey is, for many, the jurisdiction of choice for the establishment and/or administration of all types of investment structure and collective investment vehicle, including private equity, hedge and property funds, across a wide range of asset classes.