Jasmin joined Bedell in 2015, having worked previously as a lawyer on the east and west coasts of Australia. She is qualified as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and entered in the register of practitioners of the High Court of Australia.
Her practice involves advising leading onshore law firms as well as fiduciaries and high net worth individuals from both the Channel Islands and overseas in respect of matters covering commercial, insolvency and fiduciary fields. Jasmin regularly assists with applications and trial work before the Courts in Guernsey.
Jasmin's legal background in non-contentious corporate transactions, such as primary and secondary capital raisings and asset acquisitions, as well as advising publicly listed entities on regulatory and compliance requirements, places her in an ideal position to assist with related litigation. Jasmin is fluent in German and also speaks French and Spanish.
- Solicitor* - Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) (affiliate member)
- Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Experts (ARIES) (The Channel Islands branch of INSOL International) Chancery Bar Association (overseas member)
- Guernsey International Legal Association (GILA) (committee member)
- Jasmin has contributed to the INSOL Wold journal and also sits on the committee of the Guernsey International Legal Association.
- Recipient of the Una Prentice Award - Women Lawyers Association of Queensland.
The presumption in Guernsey is that justice must be done in public. Accordingly, unless there is some exceptional factor in any particular case which means the interests of justice can only be served by conducting proceedings in private, all civil hearings ...