Jasmin joined Bedell in 2015, having worked previously as a lawyer on the east and west coasts of Australia. She is dual-qualified as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland/the High Court of Australia and as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Her practice involves advising leading onshore law firms, fiduciaries and high net worth individuals based worldwide in respect of a variety of commercial, insolvency and fiduciary fields. Jasmin has a keen interest in chancery work and great depth of experience acting for trustees, beneficiaries and protectors alike in contentious and non-contentious matters with an international element. Jasmin regularly assists with complex applications and trial work before the Courts in Guernsey and has also been involved in a number of confidential, high value mediations.
Jasmin's legal background in corporate transactional work places her in an ideal position to assist with related litigation. Jasmin is fluent in German having grown up in Austria.
- Solicitor* - England and Wales
- Solicitor* - Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Contentious Trusts Associates (ConTrA)
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Affiliate Member
- Chancery Bar Association (overseas member)
- Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Experts (ARIES) (The Channel Islands branch of INSOL International)
- Guernsey International Legal Association (GILA) (committee member)
- Jasmin has contributed to the INSOL World journal and also sits on the committee of the Guernsey International Legal Association
- 'Channel Islands Top 35 Under 35' - eprivateclient 2018
- Recipient of the Una Prentice Award - Women Lawyers Association of Queensland
Bedell Cristin Senior Associate, Jasmin Semlitsch, has been named as one of the 2018 eprivateclient Top 35 Under 35s in the Channel Islands. This initiative is designed to identify, recognise, promote and introduce the islands' rising stars of the private c...
On 16 February 2018 in Re the Achilles Trust, the Royal Court granted - for the first time - an order setting aside a transaction made by a trustee of a Guernsey trust on the grounds of what has become known as the rule in Hastings-Bass - a jurisdiction int...
"Online fraud", "cyberattack" and "phishing" are just some of the buzz words making frequent headlines in the news and keeping business owners awake at night.
Bedell Cristin Guernsey has appointed a number of experienced lawyers to strengthen its teams and to support the continued growth of the firm.
On 4 September 2017 Lieutenant Bailiff Hazel Marshall QC handed down her highly anticipated judgment in Carlyle Capital Corporation Limited (in Liquidation) and others v Conway and others.
The presumption in Guernsey is that justice must be done in public. Accordingly, unless there is some exceptional factor in any particular case which means the interests of justice can only be served by conducting proceedings in private, all civil hearings ...