Lee is based in the firm's Guernsey office and is an experienced corporate, banking and investment funds lawyer, having worked for leading offshore law firms for almost ten years in the British Virgin Islands and Singapore (where he practised both BVI and Cayman Islands law, with a particular emphasis on Cayman Islands mutual funds and closed-ended private equity funds). Prior to moving offshore, Lee worked for a leading national law firm in the UK.
Lee advises on a broad range of corporate and banking matters, including investment funds and private equity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cross border transactions and complex corporate restructuring. Lee is a trusted advisor on general BVI corporate matters.
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- Solicitor - British Virgin Islands
- Lee frequently reports on offshore legal developments and has appeared on expert panels in relation to various topics of offshore law, most recently in Geneva where he was invited by IG bank and Circle Partners to discuss points of difference between the BVI and Cayman Islands investment funds products and their respective markets.
- Member of the BVI Bar Association
- "Recommended" and a "Key Practitioner" - Legal 500
The topic of corporate transparency through the creation of a central registry of company beneficial ownership information has been extensively debated in recent years and came to the political fore at the Lough Erne G8 Summit in June 2013, at which the off...