Richard trained in the UK at international law firm Eversheds LLP (now Eversheds Sutherland), spending eight years with the firm. He represented many of the world’s leading banking, investment and insurance institutions, including Lloyds Banking Group, Barclays, HSBC, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and Legal & General.
Richard joined Solomon Harris, now part of Bedell Cristin in 2016. His core practice includes commercial litigation, insolvency and restructuring, corporate and real estate. He represents several local and international companies which predominantly operate in the financial services and high-end real estate market.
- Attorney at law - Cayman Islands
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- Attorney and Counsellor - State Bar of California
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member of INSOL
- Member of RISA
- Co-author of 'The Dispute Resolution Review 10th edition', published by The Law Reviews in 2018.
- Speaker at the Marin Bar Association in California (2017) – topic: offshore financial centre.
- Speaker at the Royal Institutes of Chartered Surveys Cayman Islands Annual Conference 2017 – topic: developments, reform, insurance and litigation within real estate market.
A Special Notice published by the Cayman Islands Department of Commerce and Investment (‘DCI’) informs Real Estate Agents and Property Developers that under the Anti-Money Laundering (Designated Non-Financial Business and Professions) (Amendment) (No.2) Reg...
Three lawyers from the real estate team of Solomon Harris, now part of Bedell Cristin, will speak at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) 2019 Cayman Islands Property and Construction Conference on Friday 15 March.
The Stamp Duty (Amendment) Law, 2018 (‘Law’) came into effect on 19 December 2018 introducing Stamp Duty on ‘Linked Property Transactions’ from 31 December 2019.
In a significant alteration to draft legislation, the Cayman Islands Stamp Duty (Amendment) Law 2018 (‘Law') allows developers with planning permission in place by 30 June 2019 to have a year to take advantage of the pre-existing regime for stamp duty on ‘l...
Kai McGriele and Richard Parry have co-authored the Cayman Islands chapter of The Dispute Resolution Reivew 11th Edition. Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This article was first published in March 2019.