Sara is a Jersey Advocate specialising in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and corporate governance matters. She has advised targets and bidders on multiple takeovers involving complex Jersey schemes of arrangement and has been involved in listing Jersey companies across the globe, from London to the United States, Canada and Hong Kong. In addition, complementing the strong international side of her practice, Sara advises locally-based Jersey businesses on a wide range of transactional, regulatory and general corporate and commercial matters.
Sara is also one of the leading Jersey competition lawyers and has advised on numerous merger control applications to the Channel Islands Competition and Regulatory Authorities.
Sara joined Bedell Cristin in September 2019 from another leading Jersey law firm where she worked for 16 years. Prior to this, Sara worked onshore as a solicitor with Eversheds, Clyde & Co and Squire Patton Boggs. Her commercial approach and commitment to client service have been shaped by this experience.
- Advocate - Jersey
- Solicitor* - England & Wales
- Regularly publishes articles and speaks at industry events
- Contributing author for Lexis Nexis Legal Intelligence in relation to Jersey merger control developments
- Sits on the Digital Sub-committee of the Jersey Chamber of Commerce.
- "Extremely efficient, and provides helpful and practical advice while being fun to work with" Legal 500 2015
Bedell Cristin has appointed three new partners in its Jersey office through the promotions of Richard Le Liard and Jeff O’Boyle and the appointment of Advocate Sara Johns.