New partner appointment in the Bedell Cristin Singapore office16 Jun 2016
Bedell Cristin has appointed Kristian Wilson as partner in the firm's Singapore office.
Kristian who joined the firm in June 2013, is an experienced commercial lawyer having worked and qualified as a solicitor (England and Wales) at Slaughter and May in both London and Paris before practising offshore law in Jersey and the BVI. Kristian is also a qualified BVI lawyer and his practice includes corporate and financial matters, with a focus on joint ventures, private equity and cross-border transactions.
As a member of the Bedell Cristin Singapore team, Kristian has acted on a number of notable deals including:
- acting for a listed Hong Kong group with a billion dollar portfolio in respect of a group restructure;
- acting for leading Chinese and Singaporean banks in respect of debt financing and related security issues;
- acting for a South East Asian property management group in respect of shareholder disputes and subsequent corporate restructuring;
- acting as lead counsel to establish a private equity fund to invest in PRC start-up companies; and
- acting for the Asian shareholders of a US based producer of manufactured wood products in respect of a group restructure.
Kristian's experience covers the full range of corporate, finance and funds practice areas, and he is frequently instructed where there are complex legal and factual issues which require pragmatic and commercial advice.
A member of the BVI Bar Association, Kristian speaks English and is competent in French and Mandarin Chinese. He is frequently invited to speak at industry events and has authored a number of articles focusing on key offshore legal developments. Kristian has been recognised by the Legal 500 as a "well regarded adviser" in the BVI.
Alasdair Hunter, head of the Bedell Cristin BVI practice, commented:
"Kristian's appointment as partner is in recognition of his extensive BVI commercial legal expertise, coupled with his significant knowledge of the Asian region. It also coincides with the accelerated growth in demand we are witnessing from our Asian clients who are increasingly wishing to access capital markets in Europe. We are delighted to have made this appointment and look forward to continuing to grow our business in Asia under the leadership of Kristian."