Joanne is a Partner in Bedell Cristin's Singapore office where she advises on all aspects of commercial litigation with an emphasis on complex cross border financial/fraud matters, contentious and non-contentious trusts and estates, and offshore corporate law, insolvency and restructuring.
Joanne has substantial offshore experience working for top tier offshore firms in the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong where she regularly appeared as an advocate in the Cayman Islands' Courts as well as providing expert evidence in proceedings in numerous jurisdictions. Joanne has particular expertise in co-ordinating proceedings across multiple jurisdictions and she has an outstanding reputation for optimising cost-effective outcomes in cross-border cases through the development and implementation of carefully curated strategies.
Prior to joining Bedell Cristin, Joanne was Senior legal Counsel for HSBC International Trustee Limited in Hong Kong SAR where she managed all contentious trust and probate matters and trust and estate related legal proceedings, offshore regulatory issues and complex trust and estate planning for HSBC's substantial trust and fiduciary services business.
- Bachelor of Laws – Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Arts – Criminology – Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor – Cayman Islands
- Registered Foreign Lawyer – Hong Kong
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) - TEP qualification
- Masters of Law - University of London (ongoing)
Areas of Expertise
- Joanne is an accomplished presenter, regularly speaking at international conferences and seminars as well as contributing to numerous publications and briefings.
- Joanne is a committee member of the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates Special Interest Group.