Mark is partner in the banking and corporate team. He has extensive experience in international and domestic banking transactions having acted for many leading banks, financial institutions and borrowers on a range of innovative transactions.
Mark's banking experience includes real estate finance, acquisition finance, project finance and asset finance involving a range of different borrower types (including trustees and limited partnerships).
Mark also advises banks on insolvency and enforcement matters relating to defaulting loan transactions.
Mark also advises on a range of derivative products with Jersey obligors.
Mark also provides general corporate law advice on a range of corporate matters.
Before joining Bedell Cristin, Mark was a partner in the Banking and Projects Group of Theodore Goddard in the City of London and (after its merger) Addleshaw Goddard.
- Advocate - Jersey
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
Areas of Expertise
- A Jersey Law Commissioner.
- Lecturer at the Jersey Institute of Law on Security and Bankruptcy Law.
- A member of the Jersey Law Society Financial and Commercial Law Sub-Committee.
- A member of the Jersey banking lawyers working group which has commented on the Security Interests (Jersey) Law 2012 through its various drafts and legislative development. Mark has therefore been closely involved with the development of Jersey's security law from its inception.
- Author of 'Security Interests (Jersey) Law 2012' (published by Key Haven Publications Ltd). This is the first comprehensive book to be published on Jersey security law. The book examines in detail the provisions of the Security Interests (Jersey) Law 2012.
- Author of 'Dunlop on Jersey Company Law' (published by Key Haven Publications Ltd). This is the first comprehensive book to be published on Jersey company law. The book examines in detail the provisions of the Companies (Jersey) Law 1991 and the leading Jersey law cases on company law matters.
- Former Adjunct Professor of Company Law at the Jersey Institute of Law.
- 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
Mark Dunlop is a leading authority on company law and banking and security law
Mark is diligent but is also practical and is able to give sound commercial advice
Chambers and Partners
The undisputed champion of Jersey security law