Tim is head of Bedell Cristin’s British Virgin Islands litigation and dispute resolution practice. He advises on a wide range of litigation and insolvency matters, drawing on his broad onshore and offshore experience. He is a solicitor advocate and barrister and regularly appears in court.
Tim's recent work in the BVI has focused on cross-border fraud and asset tracing and all forms of corporate insolvency work, including liquidation. He is experienced at acting for and against liquidators, and he has recently been engaged in defending a claim under s273 of the Insolvency Act seeking to challenge the decision of joint liquidators in substantial insolvency proceedings. Tim has particular experience in shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice petitions, fraud work emanating especially from Russia and cases involving complex jurisdictional issues. He is regularly instructed on an emergency basis in relation to interim remedies such as freezing injunctions and Norwich Pharmacal relief (third party disclosure orders).
- Solicitor-advocate - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Barrister - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Legal Practitioner - British Virgin Islands (non-practising)
Areas of Expertise
- Member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA)