Our dedicated sanctions team advises Jersey based institutions, trust companies and individuals on the impact of sanctions both in relation to substantive trust structures, funds and individual accounts. Noting the particular complexities which arise with trusts the team comprises of both trust specialists and litigators.
We have an in depth understanding of the relevant legislation, as well as the latest developments in sanctions law. We also keep ourselves familiar with best practice in the United Kingdom and beyond, which allows us to provide the best advice to our clients.
We can help our clients with:
- Advising trustees on the impact of sanctions to trust companies
- Assisting with reporting and licensing exemptions
- Challenging UN and EU designations
- Ongoing compliance and sanctions legislation
- Assisting institutions in producing policies and procedures to address their legal obligations under sanctions legislation.
Consistently reliable.Legal 500 2016
Bedell Cristin Jersey and Guernsey have been shortlisted for 'Law Firm of the Year' in the Citywealth IFC Awards 2018.
In recent times, there has been a marked increase in the use of co-ordinated economic sanctions by the European Union, the United Nations and individual states against rogue states and organisations and, on a targeted basis, against specific individuals and...
Lisa Springate discusses - Jersey: growing impact of sanctions. Published in Legal Week 13 February 2015.