Kai’s practice involves working with insolvency practitioners, lenders, investors and service providers with a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring of Cayman Islands based hedge funds and other investment vehicles. His practice also spans general commercial litigation acting for a variety of corporate clients and he has a wide experience of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional litigation (including work with a regulatory and judicial review dimension) and often works closely with foreign attorneys. Kai has also obtained extensive contentious trust experience representing both institutional trustees and beneficiaries, both onshore and offshore.
As well as litigation up to Appeal Court level, he has used alternative dispute resolution methods to successfully conclude disputes. Kai’s extensive experience in meeting commercial clients' needs and concerns allows him to adopt an imaginative and pro-active approach to restructuring and dispute resolution.
- Attorney-at-law - Cayman Islands
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Advocate - Jersey
- Member of STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Cayman Council
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Member of RISA (Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association) Legal Regulatory Committee
- Member of International Committee of National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER)
Areas of Expertise
- Co-author of 'The Dispute Resolution Review 10th and 11th edition', published by The Law Reviews in 2018 and 2019