Our employment practice provides specialist legal advice in the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey. Our client-base ranges range from large, medium and small sized organisations, including the offshore operations of many global financial institutions to senior employees, directors and entrepreneurs.
Your people are the heart of your business – your most valuable asset. At Bedell Cristin we recognise this, and the importance of reflecting it in your approach to effective employment policies and procedures.
As working patterns and employment legislation continue to evolve, experienced and far-sighted professional guidance often proves invaluable in preventing minor employee issues from becoming a costly and time-consuming legal distraction.
Our highly-qualified pan-island team of employment lawyers provide discreet specialist advice, acting not only as legal advisers but as client partners. Working collaboratively with your internal team they blend an in-depth understanding of the law with pragmatic and experienced situational judgement. They can also provide hands-on support with implementation of strategies.
Often our lawyers are invited in simply to offer their perspective and help strategize on a client’s proposed course of action, especially involving commercially sensitive decisions which may involve colleagues. With our team by your side to both pre-empt and respond to the legal risks associated with employee relationships, your management team can focus fully on supporting the business.
Our advisory and non-contentious employment services include:
- Atypical working
- Board level disputes
- Business sale, restructures, reorganisations, redundancies
- Compromise agreements
- Contractual arrangements - employment contracts, consultancy agreements, fixed term contracts, zero-hour contracts
- Data protection
- Directors – director contracts, director duties and director exits
- Discipline and grievances
- Employee fraud and regulatory investigations
- Employment aspects of commercial transactions – M&A
- Exit strategies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Managing capability, misconduct and sickness
- Non-contractual employment documentations – handbooks, policies and procedures
- Parental Leave and family friendly rights
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality
- Termination of Employment
- Work and housing regulations Housing and employment rights/relocations/work permits
- Workplace investigations
We know that it is not always possible to avoid litigation, and if and when matters become contentious, we are also experienced litigators, advising and representing our clients in pursuing, or more commonly, defending the full spectrum of employment related claims that can be made in the Employment Tribunals and local jurisdictional courts.
While we appreciate your business does everything possible to foster strong and trusted relations with its workforce, our friendly, flexible team can provide reassurance, support and a steadying hand to help ensure your long-term peace of mind, and where necessary, to fight your corner.Back to all services
We offer expert advice in BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey law, from our conveniently located offices across Europe, the Americas and Asian time zones in order to handle the most challenging and complex cross-border deals, disputes and investigations.