Edward is an experienced commercial litigator and a qualified Jersey advocate. He is a partner in the Jersey litigation team and co-head of the firm's regulatory and compliance team.
Edward has extensive experience of commercial litigation, contentious insolvency and regulatory matters (including investigations), acting for financial institutions, trustees and beneficiaries, insolvency office-holders, hedge funds, insurance companies (and insureds), employers and employees, and other entities, both onshore and offshore.
Edward has appeared before the Courts of Jersey, England, the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands. Having obtained an MA in Jurisprudence at Oxford University he began his career at Norton Rose in London in 1999, qualifying as a solicitor-advocate, before moving to the Cayman Islands office to Maples and Calder to practise Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law. Edward moved to Jersey in 2008 and qualified as a Jersey advocate in 2011.
- Advocate - Jersey
- Solicitor-advocate - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Attorney-at-law - Cayman Islands(non-practising)
- Solicitor-advocate - British Virgin Islands (non-practising)
- Insolvency Lawyers Association (ILA)
- Executive committee of Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Experts (ARIES)
Areas of Expertise
- Editor of 'Jersey Insolvency and Asset Tracking 5th Edition'.
- Editor of the IOD Guidelines for Jersey Directors (2018).
- Co-author of the Jersey chapter of 'Enforcement of Foreign Judgments' (published by Kluwer Law International).
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2018 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2019 and 2018
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2016 and 2015, Citywealth Leaders List
- "Rising Star" in restructuring and insolvency - IFLR1000 2016
- Acts for successful plaintiffs in $200m Crociani trust dispute
- Acts for Harbour as petitioning creditor in £1.2 billion bankruptcies of Orb and Dr Cochrane
- Acted as amicus curiae to the Royal Court, resolving 20 years of directions in the Banayou Trust (2019)
- Acted for KPMG receivers of Mukhtar Ablyazov's assets in $5 billion claims by JSC BTA Bank (2011 to 2019)
- Acted for JT in the first claim under the Employment (Jersey) Law 2003 to reach the Court of Appeal (2016)
- Acted for United Company Rusal on $5 billion debt restructuring via parallel scheme of arrangement (2014)
He is easy to work with, very technically astute and polished
Chambers and Partners
You will not find a more thorough lawyer on the island, and he is a very good advocate. I have been so impressed with him
Chambers and Partners
Edward Drummond has a very sharp legal mind and an intuitive understanding of litigation strategy