Regulatory & Compliance
Members of our team have been actively involved in shaping the development of law and regulation in the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey.
Our core expertise is assisting financial services clients who provide regulated services, such as trust companies, fund administrators, investment managers, banks and insurers in their dealings with the regulator.
We provide advice in the following areas:
- Anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-money laundering (AML) compliance and reporting obligations
- Competition law
- Cryptocurrency, blockchain and digital assets
- Data protection, including GDPR compliance, data retention and security
- Economic substance, please click here to find out more
- Financial services authorisation and the conduct of business
- M&A due diligence
- Regulatory assurance, including reviews and remediation projects
- Regulatory investigations, enforcement actions and associated criminal proceedings
- Tax information exchange, whether automatic (FATCA, CRS) or upon request (via TIEAs, DTAs or the Multilateral Convention)
- Utility regulation
They function as a City firm and give good quality advice to clients.
Chambers and Partners
We offer expert advice in BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey law, from our conveniently located offices across Europe, the Americas and Asian time zones in order to handle the most challenging and complex cross-border deals, disputes and investigations.
Is it is or is it ain't US Property?: Review of claims traded with non-US Insolvent Entity as an asset sale under section 363(b) of the US Bankruptcy Code
25 September 2020
Lockdown - how will the Covid crisis affect the region’s wealthy
24 September 2020
Working with start-ups and young entrepreneurs
21 September 2020