Martin is head of the Funds and Investment Structures group. He has considerable offshore finance experience, particularly in relation to real estate and private equity funds and related investment structures, including a specialist Sharia finance practice. His practice area also encompasses regulatory advice, finance and general commercial work. Martin is noted for blending his considerable technical expertise and experience with in depth commercial understanding and insight, derived from many years assisting clients in the sector.
- Advocate - Jersey
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
Areas of Expertise
- Regularly speaks and participates in industry events.
- A member of a number of Jersey Finance/Jersey Funds Association working groups which examine topical funds issues.
- Sits on the Jersey Funds Association committee and chairs its education committee.
- 'Hall of Fame' - Legal 500 UK 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018
- Band 3 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2023, 2022, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 2017 and 2016
- 'Highly regarded' in financial services, capital markets, investment funds and regulatory - IFLR1000 2022, 2021
- 'Leading Lawyer' in financial services, capital markets, investment funds and regulatory - IFLR1000 2016
His expertise and knowledge in Jersey law stands out. He's very responsive and ensures that he always caters his services towards what we need. The relationship has developed into a very tailored service and he understands our business. He is very detailed, knowledgeable, gets the work done and is a problem solver.
Chambers and Partners
Martin Paul is technical, perceptive, and strikes with surgical accuracy.
Martin Paul is probably the most pragmatic adviser for corporate and funds matters I have come about. Not tied to the usual document churning routine he understands commercial and corporate dilemmas of his clients and manages calmly to provide very considerate, risk-balanced commercial solutions. Also: he actually does urgent core work himself as opposed to delegating everything downwards. I think he is a great dependable asset for any client or board in difficult legal and commercial situations.