Kristian is a partner in the Singapore office, having been based in Singapore since 2013. He advises on all aspects of corporate law and financial regulation, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investment funds and regulatory work. In addition to advising on offshore corporate law, he has expertise in the field of law and technology, providing regulatory and corporate advice in relation to fintech and digital assets.
Kristian has substantial experience working for top tier offshore firms in the British Virgin Islands and Jersey, prior to which he worked for leading UK and US firms in London and Paris. He frequently acts for listed companies, investment funds, trust companies and fund managers, and applies a 'client first' and commercial approach to servicing the needs of clients.
Kristian has written extensively on offshore legal matters for industry publications and academic journals. He is a member of industry groups such as the BVI Bar Association, the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce Legal Services and Digitalisation Groups, the Digital Law Association and the Singapore International Affairs Association. He is also engaged with mentoring and pro bono community work and assists members of the Singapore arts community on matters concerning law, art and technology.
Prior to the law, Kristian pursued postgraduate studies in New York, Beijing and the United Kingdom. Kristian speaks English, French and Mandarin Chinese.
- Solicitor - England & Wales
- Solicitor - British Virgin Islands
- Member of the BVI Bar Association.
- Member of the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce Legal Services and Digitalisation Groups, the Digital Law Association and the Singapore International Affairs Association.
- Frequently reports on offshore legal developments, including writing for legal publications, speaking at industry events and being quoted in leading media, such as the South China Morning Post and The Lawyer.
- Published in international academic journals, including the Tsinghua China Law Review and the Russian Law Journal.
- Leading Individual - Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023
Kristian Wilson, Partner, has been our main contact and has gained our trust as an advisor. He is also commercial in the approach to billing and scoping assignments and available when additional advice or information is needed even on short notice. His good sense of humor makes it also a pleasure to work with him.