Jon is highly rated for his presence in court. He advises institutions, law firms and in-house teams worldwide across the range of international financial services litigation. He has a close interest in cross-border enforcement and asset recovery and has received particular recognition for his work in the fraud arena, with freezing injunctions and related orders.
Jon began his legal career in 1999 as a barrister in the chancery and commercial group at leading UK set No. 5 Chambers. He returned to his home island of Guernsey six years later and was admitted as an Advocate of the Royal Court in 2006.
Jon is also a Notary Public for the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- Advocate - Guernsey
- Notary Public - Guernsey
- Barrister - England & Wales (non-practising)
- ACAMS - CAMS (certified anti-money laundering specialist)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Institute of Directors
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
Areas of Expertise
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Jon is a regular speaker at international legal conferences.
- He is a contributor to the Jersey and Guernsey Law Review.
- He co-authored the Guernsey section of the Dispute Resolution Review.
- Jon served on the Guernsey Bar Council between 2008 and 2011.
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2018, 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- Band 3 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers Contentious Trusts' category - 2016, 2015 and 2013 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Prominent Figure' in the 'Leading Lawyers Contentious Trusts' category - 2015 and 2013 Citywealth Leaders List
- Listed as an 'Asset Recovery Expert' and an 'Investigations Expert' - Who's Who Legal
Jon Barclay – excellent judgment, knowledge and experience. The best on the Island.
Legal 500 UK
Main work recently has been with with Jon Barclay and Rebecca Hale who are always a pleasure to work with on any matter. Both approachable, knowledgeable and provide clear, logical advice based on the situation at hand.
Legal 500 UK
Jon Barclay is a brilliant advocate and innovative in his approach to tricky situations. He knows the Guernsey bench really well which is invaluable when seeking urgent relief.
Legal 500 UK
He is very intelligent, extremely thorough and an excellent advocate.
Chambers and Partners
Bedell Cristin celebrates promotions in the Chambers and Partners UK rankings
20 October 2022
Bedell Cristin is proud to be a Platinum sponsor of the INSOL Channel Islands seminar 2022
17 August 2022
We are attending INSOL London 2022 and sponsoring the lunch at the Offshore Ancillary Meeting
23 May 2022