Ian joined Bedell Cristin (formerly Solomon Harris) in 2008 and became a partner in 2012. Prior to this he worked for a number of onshore law firms, including Eversheds. He also worked for another leading offshore law firm in the BVI for four years where he focused on banking and corporate law as well as Caribbean property matters.
Ian's main area of expertise is all types of real estate, with significant experience in hotel transactions. He is also highly experience in banking finance, conveyancing, development work and commercial and residential leasing.
Ranked in band 1 by Chambers and partners, Ian leads a highly efficient and client-focused team that was responsible for the largest real estate deal in the history of the Cayman Islands. The team has acted in six of the last eight major hotel transactions, including the first acquisition of a hotel in the Cayman Islands by a Japanese REIT.
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Solicitor - BVI (non-practising)
- Attorney at law - Cayman Islands
Areas of Expertise
- Member of the drafting committee for the changes to the strata titles registration law and was responsible for reviewing and amending the initial draft of this legislation
- Ian has also contributed to a number of publications and briefings
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- 'Leader in their field' - Chambers Global 2018
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - IFLA - 2012
- Lead Cayman counsel on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the Westin Hotel, Grand Cayman
- Headed legal counsel team on the acquisition of the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
- Lead Cayman counsel on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the Sunshine Suites, Grand Cayman
- Lead counsel on the sale of the Grand Caymanian/Holiday Inn, Grand Cayman
Real estate finance specialist Ian Jamieson is 'very commercial, knowledgeable and helpful
Responsive, sensible and pragmatic in his advice as well as being very strong on industry knowledge
International Tax Co-operation (Economic Substance) Regulations 2020
06 May 2020
Cayman real estate agents and property developers have until 29 May 2019 for AML registration
22 March 2019
Solomon Harris lawyers to speak at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) 2019 Cayman Islands Property and Construction Conference
13 March 2019