Bedell Cristin is pleased to announce that Joanne Verbiesen, Partner in our Singapore office, will be a speaker at the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates, Special Interests Group (SIG) webinar on 2 November, 2021.
The webinar entitled 'A tangled Web – Untangling the Privy Council decision in Webb –v- Webb', raises a number of fundamental issues that are likely to significantly impact the trust industry such as:
- Can a revocable trust ever be valid following the reasoning of the Court in Webb?
- Would the outcome have been the same in jurisdictions with reserved powers legislation?
- In the age of global cooperation on taxation, does the rule in Governor of India v Taylor really still prevent the enforcement of foreign tax debts?
- If so, what impact does this have on trustee's ability to pay foreign tax debts?
- How can the laws relating to trusts be reconciled with matrimonial property law?
As a decision of the Privy Council it is likely to gain significance offshore and has already been applied to the Cayman Islands.
To register for this webinar please click here.
No Content Set