Andrew specialises in all aspects of Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands international wealth structuring for individuals and financial institutions. He is well recognised with awards and distinctions, including a STEP Founder's Award and being named in the 2018 Private Client Global Elite; a "Leading Individual" in Trusts & Private Client Legal 500 2018; and as "Highly Regarded" by IFLR 2018.
He is past Chairman of STEP Cayman; a founding board member of the STEP LatAm Conference and the STEP Cayman International Wealth Structuring Forum; a member of the International Tax Planning Association and The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law and an overseas member of the Chancery Bar Association.
Prior to joining Bedell Cristin, Andrew was a partner and head of the global wealth structuring group at another major Cayman Islands firm for sixteen years where he joined after thirteen years at a major London law firm.
- Attorney-at-law - Cayman Islands
- Solicitor - British Virgin Islands
- Solicitor - England and Wales (non-practising)
- TEP - (Trust and Estates Practitioner)
- Co-Chair STEP Cayman Islands Legislative Committee
Areas of Expertise
- Editor STEP Directory Cayman Islands Section
- Contributor International Trust Precedents Cayman Islands Section
- Contributor International Succession Law British Virgin Islands Section
- Legal Week Private Client Global Elite List 2019
- Named in Citywealth’s Top 100 Trust Litigators List 2020
Andrew Miller is one of a very small number of senior lawyers in the private client sector and very respected; he maintains this high status through hard work, commercial nouse and an unquenchable thirst to master new laws and their implications. He is also client driven and professional
Leading Individual in Trusts & Private Client
Amendments to the Cayman Islands Succession Law (2006 Revision) and Wills Law (2020 Revision) on account of the enactment of the Civil Partnership Law, 2020
16 September 2020
Single Family Offices in the Cayman Islands: the Securities Investments Business Law, the Private Funds Law and the Anti-Money Laundering (Single Family Office) Regulations
09 September 2020
Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey and Singapore trusts: a jurisdictional comparison
25 August 2020