Andrew specialises in all aspects of Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands international wealth structuring for individuals and financial institutions. He is well recognised with awards and distinctions, including a STEP Founder's Award and being named in the 2021 Private Client Global Elite; a "Leading Individual" in both Trusts & Private Client Legal 500 2018 and Who's Who Legal 2020; and as "Highly Regarded" by IFLR 2018.
He is past chairman of STEP Cayman; a founding board member of the STEP LatAm Conference and the STEP Cayman International Wealth Structuring Forum; a member of the International Tax Planning Association and The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law and, an overseas member of the Chancery Bar Association and a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Andrew is the Editor of the STEP Directory Cayman Section and contributes the Cayman Section of International Trust Precedents, the BVI Section of International Succession Law and the BVI and Cayman Sections of Globe Law and Business Private Trust Companies.
Prior to joining Bedell Cristin, Andrew was a partner and head of the global wealth structuring group at another major Cayman Islands firm for sixteen years where he joined after thirteen years at a major London law firm.
- Attorney-at-law - Cayman Islands
- Solicitor - British Virgin Islands
- Solicitor - England and Wales (non-practising)
- TEP - (Trust and Estates Practitioner)
- Co-Chair STEP Cayman Islands Legislative Committee
Areas of Expertise
- Editor STEP Directory Cayman Islands Section
- Contributor International Trust Precedents Cayman Islands Section
- Contributor International Succession Law British Virgin Islands Section
- Contributor Globe Law and Business Private Trust Companies British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands Section
- Legal Week Private Client Global Elite List 2021 & 2019
- Named in Citywealth’s Top 100 Trust Litigators List 2020
- Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
Andrew Miller is one of a very small number of senior lawyers in the private client sector and very respected; he maintains this high status through hard work, commercial nous and an unquenchable thirst to master new laws and their implications. He is also client driven and professional
Leading Individual in Trusts & Private Client