With his 30 years' experience advising local and international clients on all aspects of trusts, foundations and related corporate structures, including having held numerous trustee and board positions, Edward has an extraordinary knowledge on the establishment, restructuring and ongoing administration of structures holding a variety of assets located around the world.
He is in particular demand helping and supporting beneficiaries navigate the complexities of wealth transfer and as a leading figure in the 'Next Generation' movement Edward is frequently called upon to commentate on the topic.
Edward has become a trusted advisor to internationally wealthy families who value his discretion and thorough understanding of the complexities of next generation wealth planning.
Edward is also a Jersey Notary Public.
What his clients say:
'Edward Bennett delivers advice in a careful and well thought-out manner'
'He knows this stuff inside out and is very well known'
'He gets to the crux of a matter quickly and he gives good pragmatic solutions'
'He's calm, measured, well established and respected in the Jersey legal world'
'He takes the time to listen intently to the issues in question and with that understanding delivers succinct, practical and first-rate advice'
'He is an absolute pleasure to work with. Outstanding'
- Advocate - Jersey
- Notary Public - Jersey
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advisory
Areas of Expertise
- Edward is regularly invited to speak at client seminars and presentations.
- A member of the Board of Examiners for the Advocates and Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
- 'Hall of Fame' - Legal 500 2021, 2020 and 2019
- 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe, Global High Net Worth 2019, 2018 and 2017
- "Client Rating Award" – 2020 winner Citywealth Leaders List
- 50 most influential list 2019 - eprivateclient
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2018, 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Trustees' category - 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 Citywealth Leaders List
He takes the time to listen intently to the issues in question and with that understanding delivers succinct, practical and first-rate advice
He gets to the crux of a matter quickly and he gives good pragmatic solutions
Chambers and Partners
He is an absolute pleasure to work with. Outstanding
Bedell Cristin's growing international private client team is recognised in Chambers High Net Worth rankings
29 July 2021
Bedell Cristin recognised as top offshore law firm by eprivateclient for third year running
13 August 2020
Bedell Cristin partner recognised by peers and clients at Citywealth’s IFC Awards
18 February 2020