With his 30 years' experience advising local and international clients on all aspects of trusts, foundations and related corporate structures, including having held numerous trustee and board positions, Edward has an extraordinary knowledge on the establishment, restructuring and ongoing administration of structures holding a variety of assets located around the world.
He is in particular demand helping and supporting beneficiaries navigate the complexities of wealth transfer and as a leading figure in the 'Next Generation' movement Edward is frequently called upon to commentate on the topic.
Edward has become a trusted advisor to internationally wealthy families who value his discretion and thorough understanding of the complexities of next generation wealth planning.
Edward is also a Jersey Notary Public.
What his clients say:
'Edward Bennett delivers advice in a careful and well thought-out manner'
'He knows this stuff inside out and is very well known'
'He gets to the crux of a matter quickly and he gives good pragmatic solutions'
'He's calm, measured, well established and respected in the Jersey legal world'
'He takes the time to listen intently to the issues in question and with that understanding delivers succinct, practical and first-rate advice'
'He is an absolute pleasure to work with. Outstanding'
- Advocate - Jersey
- Notary Public - Jersey
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advisory
Areas of Expertise
- Edward is regularly invited to speak at client seminars and presentations.
- A member of the Board of Examiners for the Advocates and Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
- 'Hall of Fame' - Legal 500 UK 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019
- Band 2 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe, Global High Net Worth 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- "Client Rating Award" – 2020 winner Citywealth Leaders List
- 50 most influential list 2019 - eprivateclient
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2018, 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 2018, 2017 and 2016
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Trustees' category - 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 Citywealth Leaders List
Edward Bennett uses his vast array of experience and knowledge to provide pragmatic, first-rate advice. Always there when you need him. Edward Bennett is always my first port of call when I have a pressing or challenging situation which requires first-rate advice. Edward is also a true gentleman and an absolute pleasure to work with.
He's very calm and measured, very solution-oriented and a real help on issues.
Chambers and Partners
He is very good technically and also a pleasure to work with. He's a very good-quality lawyer who is very good with clients.