Bedell Cristin are platinum sponsors at INSOL International Channel Islands One Day Seminar
05 September 2017
Bedell Cristin are platinum sponsors at the INSOL International Channel Islands One Day Seminar taking place at the Duke of Richmond Hotel in St Peter Port, Guernsey on Wednesday 13 September 2017.
This is INSOL’s Fourth Channel Islands regional seminar and continues the very successful annual one day series organised by INSOL and ARIES, the Channel Islands Association for restructuring professionals.
The seminar will be joined by speakers drawn globally from onshore and offshore to contribute to an informed commentary on topical subjects.
• Virtual Insolvency – the rapidly emerging world of cyber currencies and the inevitable cyber related insolvencies that will follow
• Brexit and Schemes of Arrangement – a debate will examine the future for Schemes of Arrangement with competing jurisdictions seeking this work
• 20 years of cell companies - 20 years ago Guernsey invented the concept and created segregated cell companies. These have been taken up by many other jurisdictions globally and the conference will contrast restructuring work that has arisen in various locations as a result of certain of these entities inevitably requiring restructuring or winding up
• Guernsey and Jersey law and practice – there are some key developments in both islands in the company, banking and insolvency areas including the issuing of Statements of Insolvency Practice
• International Finance Centres significant law cases - energetically reviewed by advocates from the islands
Bedell Cristin partner Rob Gardner is Co-Chair and associate Mark Piano will be speaking on legal issues relating to crypto currency with particular reference to its interaction with insolvency issues.
Please click here for further information.
Related Service: Insolvency & Restructuring
Partner | London | Jersey | BVI