Sevyn is a Partner and Jersey Advocate in Bedell Cristin's International Private Client team, based in Jersey.
Sevyn is a private wealth specialist, experienced in advising corporate trustees, settlors, beneficiaries, high-net-worth individuals and intermediaries on matters relevant to Jersey trusts and foundations. Amongst other matters, he regularly advises on the establishment and administration of (and the provision of ongoing advice to) both family offices and private trust company structures, and he has considerable expertise in advising on complex cross-jurisdictional trust and corporate restructuring matters.
Sevyn is also regularly instructed by high-net-worth families and their family offices to coordinate their offshore interests.
As part of his practice, Sevyn works alongside colleagues from Bedell Cristin's Corporate & Commercial team on large transactions where there are trust or foundation elements, and also assists Litigation & Dispute Resolution colleagues with contentious and semi-contentious matters.
Sevyn trained at the London law firm Payne Hicks Beach before moving to New Quadrant Partners, a boutique private client practice, where he specialised in private client and tax work. He moved to Jersey in 2014 to join Ogier's trust team, where he spent four years, then joining Walkers' Private Capital & Trusts where he was most recently a Partner.
What his clients say:
"Extremely technically competent, delivers on testing deadlines and is always a pleasure to work with."
"Very responsive, pragmatic and extremely knowledgeable in the private client space"
"Great service and excellent technical skills."
- Advocate – Jersey
- Solicitor – England & Wales (non-practising)
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Member
- Sevyn is regularly invited to speak at client seminars and at industry events
- Sevyn is a member of the Trusts Law Working Group, the Foundations Law Working Group and the Charity Law Working Group
- Band 3 – Chambers Global 2023
- Band 3 – Chambers HNW 2022
- "Next Generation Partner"/ "Next General Lawyer"/ "Rising Star" – Legal 500 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Private Client Global Elite – 2022, 2021,2020, 2019,2018, 2017
- "Leader" – Citywealth 2018, 2017, 2016
- "Future Leader" – Citywealth 2018, 2017, 2016
Extremely technically competent, delivers on testing deadlines and is always a pleasure to work with.