Sophia (Sophie) is an Associate in our International Private Client department and has over 10 years of prior experience working as a Legal Secretary and Paralegal at Bedell Cristin.
Sophie's current practice is focused on assisting with: drafting and advising on trust related matters; setting up foundation companies; company restorations; the preparation of Wills and probate applications; and a variety of immigration matters. Her past areas of experience also include large scale insolvency and restructuring cases, enforcement and a broad range of commercial litigation.
Sophie completed her Articles of Clerkship with the firm in October 2022 and was admitted to the Cayman Islands Bar in November 2022. She initially joined the firm in 2007 following her graduation from the University of Liverpool, and after completing her LPC in 2010, she returned to the firm in 2011.
- Attorney-at-law – Cayman Islands
- Member of the Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association (CILPA)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Randolph College, USA
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – Upper Second Class Honours – University of Liverpool
- Legal Practice Course (LPC) – Commendation – City Law School, City University