Alasdair is a partner and the head of the litigation team in Guernsey. He has been in practice for over 25 years and, before qualifying in Guernsey, not only practised as a barrister in England but also spent several years working in the Caribbean. He is instructed by law firms and institutional clients based worldwide and has acted for most of Guernsey’s leading fiduciaries, fund providers and banks.
Alasdair has a genuine depth of experience having handled a great variety of contentious and non-contentious matters covering most corporate, insolvency and fiduciary fields including appearing before a wide variety of courts and tribunals worldwide. He has particular expertise and established track record in conducting complex high value cross-border work both in Guernsey and the BVI.
Alasdair is also a Guernsey Notary Public.
- Advocate - Guernsey
- Notary Public - Guernsey
- Barrister - England & Wales
- Barrister - British Virgin Islands
- Attorney-at-law - Turks and Caicos Islands (non-practising)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- Chancery Bar Association (full member)
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
Areas of Expertise
- A regular speaker at conferences worldwide.
- Alasdair has also contributed to a number of publications and briefings including STEP Journal, INSOL World, TQLR, Arbitration Law Monthly and the International Bar Association’s Anti Money Laundering Forum guide on Guernsey.
- He is the author of the Guernsey chapters of Greene on Shareholder Disputes and the Dispute Resolution Review.
- Alasdair is a member of the Guernsey Bar Council.
- Alasdair sits on the Legal and Regulatory Committee of ARIES (The Channel Islands' branch of INSOL International).
- Private Client Global Elite List - 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Leading Individual' - Legal 500 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Band 2 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Band 3 - Chambers HNW 2022, 2021
- Private Client Expert - Who's Who Legal 2020
- Asset recovery Expert - Who's Who Legal 2020
- Named in Citywealth’s Top 100 Trust Litigators List 2020
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2019, 2018, 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2019, 2016 and 2015 Citywealth Leaders List
Alasdair Davidson is a stand-out individual. He is very experienced and very well respected in Guernsey and the wider Offshore network. He is a safe pair of hands and knows how to read the Court. Provides excellent advice and knows how to address issues in a practical way.
Legal 500 UK
Alasdair Davidson is particularly experienced and commercial in his approach. Focuses on key issues and does not get bogged down in peripheral issues. Definitely the go-to adviser for my firm in the jurisdiction and will highly recommend to peers.
Legal 500 UK
Alasdair Davidson is a class performer as both an advocate and a strategist. He is my first port of call in the jurisdiction. He is a delight to work with and always responsive.
Legal 500 UK
Alasdair Davidson stands out as a technically gifted practitioner who, at the same time, offers practical, commercial advice.
Legal 500 UK
He is extremely well respected on the island by the judges and his peers. He's got good judgement, understands what arguments will play well with the court and understands local procedure.
Chambers and Partners
Bedell Cristin is ranked as a leading offshore law firm in the Legal 500 Caribbean 2023 guide
17 November 2022
Bedell Cristin celebrates promotions in the Chambers and Partners UK rankings
20 October 2022
Bedell Cristin is proud to be a Platinum sponsor of the INSOL Channel Islands seminar 2022
17 August 2022