Alasdair is a partner and the head of the litigation team in Guernsey. He has been in practice for over 25 years and, before qualifying in Guernsey, not only practised as a barrister in England but also spent several years working in the Caribbean. He is instructed by law firms and institutional clients based worldwide and has acted for most of Guernsey’s leading fiduciaries, fund providers and banks.
Alasdair has a genuine depth of experience having handled a great variety of contentious and non-contentious matters covering most corporate, insolvency and fiduciary fields including appearing before a wide variety of courts and tribunals worldwide. He has particular expertise and established track record in conducting complex high value cross-border work both in Guernsey and the BVI.
Alasdair is also a Guernsey Notary Public.
- Advocate - Guernsey
- Notary Public - Guernsey
- Barrister - England & Wales
- Barrister - British Virgin Islands
- Attorney-at-law - Turks and Caicos Islands (non-practising)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- Chancery Bar Association (full member)
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
Areas of Expertise
- A regular speaker at conferences worldwide.
- Alasdair has also contributed to a number of publications and briefings including STEP Journal, INSOL World, TQLR, Arbitration Law Monthly and the International Bar Association’s Anti Money Laundering Forum guide on Guernsey.
- He is the author of the Guernsey chapters of Greene on Shareholder Disputes and the Dispute Resolution Review.
- Alasdair is a member of the Guernsey Bar Council.
- Alasdair sits on the Legal and Regulatory Committee of ARIES (The Channel Islands' branch of INSOL International).
- 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2019, 2018, 2017 Citywealth Leaders List
- Legal Week Private Client Global Elite List - 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Leader in their field' - Chambers UK, Europe and Global 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Leading individual' - Legal 500 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- 'Honours List' in the 'Leading Lawyers' category - 2019, 2016 and 2015 Citywealth Leaders List
- Private Client Expert - Who's Who Legal 2020
- Asset recovery Expert - Who's Who Legal 2020
- Named in Citywealth’s Top 100 Trust Litigators List 2020
Alasdair Davidson is a robust, no nonsense litigator who thinks both about the legal merits of arguments and about how those arguments will, in reality, play with the court. He gives clear advice on matters of law and procedure
Alasdair Davidson is a highly intelligent advocate with good judgement
He clearly has a good reading of the courts in Guernsey, provides practical advice and has good connections
Chambers and Partners
Broad Idea International Limited v Convoy Collateral Limited BVIHCMAP 2019/0026 – the demise of the Black Swan?
02 June 2020
Bedell Cristin senior partners contribute to American Bankruptcy Institute project
02 June 2020
Two Bedell Cristin partners included in Top 100 Trust Litigators List 2020
26 May 2020