Richard trained in the UK at international law firm Eversheds LLP (now Eversheds Sutherland), spending eight years with the firm. He represented many of the world’s leading banking, investment and insurance institutions, including Lloyds Banking Group, Barclays, HSBC, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and Legal & General.
Richard joined Bedell Cristin (formerly Solomon Harris) 2016. His core practice includes commercial litigation, insolvency and restructuring, corporate and real estate. He represents several local and international companies which predominantly operate in the financial services and high-end real estate market.
- Attorney-at-law - Cayman Islands
- Solicitor - England & Wales (non-practising)
- Attorney and Counsellor - State Bar of California
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Member of RISA (Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association)
Areas of Expertise
- Co-author of 'The Dispute Resolution Review 10th and 11th edition', published by The Law Reviews in 2018 and 2019.
- Speaker at the Business Section of the Marin Bar Association in California (2017)
- Speaker at the Royal Institutes of Chartered Surveys Cayman Islands Annual Conference (2017 & 2019)
The dawn of a new age for contingency fee agreements and litigation funding agreements in the Cayman Islands
04 May 2021
Cayman Islands approves law for contingency fees and litigation funding
21 January 2021
Getting the deal done - real estate transactions in the Cayman Islands during the Covid-19 lockdown
15 April 2020