Bedell Cristin enhances position in latest Legal 500 UK rankings
04 October 2021
23 lawyers from our offices in Guernsey, Jersey and London have been recognised in the latest Legal 500 rankings, an increase on the previous year. These individual rankings are testament to the expertise, professionalism and responsiveness of our people.
Enjoying their inclusion in the list this year are these 3 new 'Rising Stars': Antony Clerehugh, Counsel, in the Banking and Finance category, Hannah Robinson, a Senior Associate in the Commercial Property category, both based in the Jersey office and Laura Hendrick, a Senior Associate, who is listed as a Rising Star in the Offshore Law Firms in London category.
In addition, two practice areas have successfully been promoted in the rankings. Corporate and M&A in Guernsey and Investment Funds in Jersey have both moved from tier 3 to tier 2, which now means we have 13 practice areas ranked in the top tiers which is a reflection of our credibility, strength and depth. A special mention goes to the International Private Client and Capital Markets practice areas in Jersey who continue to enjoy their very well-deserved tier 1 positions.
In the 2022 directory we've once again received excellent feedback from clients and intermediaries, who consistently commented on our availability, pragmatism and technical strength. One referrer described us as a "hands-on team; very willing and able to assist with often unpredictable and demanding turnaround times requested by clients; very personable and easy to work with; great communication; commercial and practical approach to problem solving."
Tim Pearce, Global Managing Partner, Bedell Cristin, welcomed the latest rankings. He commented: "The increasing number of practice areas in the top two tiers and the singling out of more individuals in the rising star categories demonstrates the growing strength in depth of our capabilities in the key sectors in which our clients do business and our continued commitment to invest in and nurture the most talented lawyers."
Legal 500 The UK edition 2022 - Bedell Cristin ranked lawyers
Hall of Fame
- Edward Bennett (Partner) Private Client, Trusts and Tax - Jersey
- Martin Paul (Partner) Investment Funds - Jersey
- Nancy Chien (Partner) Private Client, Trusts and Tax - Jersey
- Alasdair Davidson (Partner) Dispute Resolution - Guernsey
- Mark Dunlop (Partner) Banking and Finance - Jersey
- Robert Gardner (Partner) Dispute Resolution - Jersey
- Alasdair Hunter (Partner) Capital Markets - Jersey
- Kate Ovenden (Managing Partner) Banking and Finance - Guernsey
- Tim Pearce (Global Managing Partner) Banking and Finance - Jersey
- Bruce Scott (Partner) Offshore Law Firms in London
- Richard Sharp (Partner) Insurance - Guernsey
- Guy Westmacott (Partner) Corporate and Commercial - Jersey
Next Generation Partners
- Robert Christie (Partner) Dispute Resolution - Jersey
- Tom Davies (Partner) Offshore Law Firms in London
- Dylan Latimer (Partner) Banking and Finance - Guernsey
- Richard Le Liard (Partner) Investment Funds - Jersey
- Jeff O'Boyle (Partner) Commercial Property - Jersey
- Antony Clerehugh (Counsel) Banking and Finance - Jersey
- Malcolm Ellis (Senior Associate) Banking and Finance - Jersey
- Laura Hendrick (Senior Associate) Offshore Law Firms in London
- Louise Ridgway (Senior Associate) Capital Markets - Jersey
- Hannah Robinson (Senior Associate) Commercial Property - Jersey
- Sonia Shah (Senior Associate) Dispute Resolution - Jersey
The full list of rankings across all categories is available here.